Sunday, January 21, 2007
On Veracity and Fairness
I like to buy things off Amazon. In fact, I like it because sometimes, I really hate having to go out and get my books. I also feel sorry for the sellers who's getting 1 or 2 stars with comments like this:

2 out of 5: "Did not send the book I bought. Did refund immediately."

OK, why in the world a two star? Would you rather not get a refund at all? Is that what this feedback means? I am trying to learn here because I might be seller someday and I want to make my customers happy. If sending refund because the book is not longer available garners feedback like this, then what's a seller who's willing to please to do? Huh?

1 out of 5: "Book arrive very fast, seller did not answer my e-mail right away."

What the fuck! I thought rating is for your books to arrive, and failing that, for your money not to be stolen. What brain-dead scum leaves feedback like that? Selfish heathens! It seems to agravating to sell anything. I don't know who sellers does it, but this would piss me no end. Isn't the point getting the correct book?
I feel for these sellers.

"Right away" means the seller did reply. Hello! Sellers have a life too, and if you got the book fast, why leave a two? A pox to people like this!

On the other hand, I am mad at sellers who gets feedback like this:
2 out of 5: "No book sent, it's been two months, no replay to e-mail, no refund."

Too generous. Isn't it? I'd have given no star! No excuse for not sending the book. Though post office tends to mix-up packages sometimes. And if the wrong receiver does not toss the mail back into the mailstream, everyone's pretty much screwed up.

What I'd really like to see, in my ideal world is that buyers who leave feedback like the ones above will be smitten and burn down to ashes immediately! Yeah, but it's not going to happen, but it would be nice if it does. That will teach them a lesson for sure huh?

Is this why I am not into Customer Service field? I get too emotional. Can you imagine me a manager at Wal-Mart and cussing people out? Yeah. I don't think so either.

Labels:

 
posted by Czarina at 8:34 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments: