Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Unbelievable
Disclaimer: I am happily married. However, there are times when SO is not being perfect.
A discussion of couples came up yesterday. About how some make the decission to stay apart because of work. The topic came up because of a family friend who got a green card because the state of Florida granted her one. She's a nurse. I heard that her husband is planning to stay in California with their two kids because that's where his family are.

I told this to Czar. OMG. You cannot believe the stink he made. He worked himself into a ladder over it.

I told him that they have their own circumstance, and that it's probably the best they could do. He was very judgemental and heavy handed, siding with the side that family should be together. I have no problem with that. It's the judging part that irked me.

So I mentioned that would he prefer these family just divorced themselves because they can't stay together? A reasonable question because some people do not have a choice in this matter. Not if they want to make a living. So off he went.

After that, as a change of subject, I mentioned sidewalks. Then he said that it's the law that if a sidewalk is broken down, when they fix it, it has to be in code. As in, put in a disable ramp.

Grrr. I hate it when people talk like they know and they don't. I don't think it's the law, because if it is, this sidewalk is in front of a school, shouldn't they have gotten a ticket or something? I said so.

Then he errupted and said why must I disagree to every point he made.

I did not disagree. I just did not agree.

I am thinking, I might have been to complacent in my years of being married to him. He was that shock that I didn't agree with him. I usually would just agree and gave way because it's what makes for a comfortable relationship. I did it wrong. I shouldn't have agreed to anything that didn't feel right.

Well, my advise to newly weds....do not agree just for peace. The other person starts believing they are the correct ones in any discussion all the time.
 
posted by Czarina at 6:13 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: