Sunday, January 14, 2007
He's So Angry
Saturday night my husband ended up screaming at my kids. It's two hours past their bedtime. He's been on tight schedule taking care of business and have to go out again that same night for another job.

It wasn't very nice outside. It was raining, and it's freezing. The kids were not listening. The kids have gotten into this habbit of having to be told 2-5 times before they get around to doing anything at all.

Most of the time, they really are good kids, but sometimes, it's really annoying when they drag their feet. I can totally understand the screaming. I've done it myself before. I've also castigated myself afterwards. Wraked with guilt from the screaming.

The anger gets to me. Sometimes, I just want a plain, good, old revenge. I think that's what my husband felt last night.

The younger me would have immediately swoop down and embraced the blame, taking offense and pick a fight with him. The new me is too busy with the younger kids to take on more drama. I have enough on myself. I cannot take anymore.

So I sit on my chair, in front of him, updating my other blog, and holding the baby close. I kept my mouth shut.

Stress can do funny things to people. I am glad to see that for once, I am not the one to scream and hurl loud words to my children. We do this maybe 2-5 times a year. Only when really pushed to the nth limit on a very bad day.

That Saturday night was a really bad day for my husband. I could have helped, but I do so much of the other stuff. I decided not to.

My bad. But it's nice to be less stress for once. I will have enough of it once again when I have to prepare taxes.

Labels:

 
posted by Czarina at 9:52 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: